top of page

Welcome to our Cross Connection Control Program. 

The object of this page is to help you better understand our program.

Frequently Asked Questions
Rules & Regulations 

If you are a Coop member and would like your backflow assembly tested by the
Garwood Water Cooperative, 
please call Bob Chandler at (208) 691-3428.

Cross Connection and Back Flow Device

Any physical arrangement whereby a public water system is connected, directly or indirectly, with any other non-potable water system, sewer, drain, conduit, pool, storage reservoir, plumbing fixture,or other device which contains, or may contain, contaminated water, sewage, or other waste liquid of unknown or unsafe quality which may be capable of imparting contamination to the public water system as a result of backflow. Bypass arrangements, jumper connections, removable sections, swivel or change-over devices, or other temporary or permanent devices through which, or because of which, backflow may occur are considered to be cross connections. Example Devices

Who has to Comply?

Everyone. There is no business or residence that is exempt from complying with the Cross Connection program.

How To Comply?    (deadline to test your devices is July 1st of each year) 

The Cross Connection Control Program is a relatively easy program to comply with. As the owner of a home, business, or any water connection within the Garwood Water Coop boundaries, you are responsible for adhering to Idaho State code for cross connections.  When Garwood Water Coop says they have a cross connection program, it means that as an Idaho Community Drinking Water System, we enforce the code set forth by our state.


If you are unsure what back flow threats may exist on your property, you can call us and we will help you determine if and what device may be needed. Every property of facility will be different.


Testable backflow devices must be tested by a certified backflow tester. After you have complied, your backflow tester must submit the signed testing data sheet to our secretary. Once you have complied, all you need to do is have your certified backflow tester revisit your property or facility each year and have your backflow assemblies tested, and the paper work passed on to us. The state code requires all backflow devices to be tested annually by a certified tester. If your property has no backflow needs, then there is nothing more for you to do until you decide to put in a sprinkler system or anything that requires a backflow device.

Anchor 1
bottom of page